Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer 2011

I remember when I was a child/student; summertime fun in the sun began with the ringing of the last bell of the day. It signified that it was time to throw away old home work assignments and to forget about anything to do with school-for three months at least. Summer time is a time of simple pleasures and exciting times of the year. Three months of sleeping at late night, long lazy afternoon TV marathon, hanging out, just being kids and not having to worry about homework had been lingering in the mind since classes began in June.


When summer vacation finally rolls around, I can never make up my mind-on what to do first. Shall it playing around with friends or swimming at the pool or beach? One thing was for certain though, the family vacation. For some it was a dreadful thing but not for my close knit family and me. Every year, my family members gathered together and spent time at the beach while enjoying the heat of the sun, delicious foods, breeze of air and the splash of water.

Time and opportunity change. These days, I envy other kids/students who can freely unwind and enjoy their summer vacation having nothing to do, while me here I’m fully stuck up with many works to do. Loads of work kills my summer, that’s how I feel this year’s summer.

All I want for my summer this year is a one day vacation at the resort where I am able to spend it with my workmates, luckily those wish came true. Last April 21, Maundy Thursday, we went to Baybayon ni Agalon: a scenic picnic resort along the Ormoc - Albuera seacoast, just before entering the town proper of Albuera, Leyte.

With pebble stones for the beach, the waters are clear. There’s a floating cottage or raft moored a few meters from shore which can accommodate 20 to 30 persons. The rent is 150 per hour.

They have a good number of beautifully made kiosks and two tree houses for group picnics. The resort has a sprawling lawn which is nicely landscaped. There is also a large swimming pool for those who prefer not to go to the beach. Entrance fee to the resort is at seventy pesos per person and the cottages go for 400 up. There is a restaurant inside, but one can also bring in food without having to pay corkage fee. Further from the beach just near the entrance by the swimming pool, there are also kiosks with fresh water cum fishpond underneath, and mini zoo where there are monkeys, talking birds, ostrich, peacocks etc. They are at present building a mini hotel to cater to those who would like for an overnight or an extended stay.





















Some of the animals I sneak on their mini zoo. I have a big fear on animals even birds so I took it behind them which I think they can’t see nor notice me while taking the picture hrhrhr.






And before the summer this year will officially close, let me end it with my Tumblin’ signature pose hehe


So far my summer 2011 is pretty much awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...